What a nice surprise, to get a bit of love from a fellow blogger in the form of a nomination for a Liebster Award!
The word ‘Award’ is perhaps pushing it – more like a blogging chain-letter-fist-bump for newbies and not-so-newbies with a select group of fewer than 200 followers ;o)
However, in the process of receiving it I’ve found and followed some new blogs, so the Liebster objective of discovering new bloggers has worked for me.
So, thank you to girlinthegreenwellies for the nom. Now I gotta pass on the love, answer her questions and ask my nominees some of my own (full rules at the bottom).
My answers to questions set by girlinthegreenwellies:
1. What do you use for inspiration in the garden/allotment? Monty Don and Nigel
2. What new vegetables are you growing this year? Colourful beetroot (recently discovered how tasty it is slow-roasted), Peas (Douce Provence) that don’t need support (I can’t believe it), Cabbage to use for spring greens
3. How do you control pests in the garden/allotment? I was given very smart netting to keep the pigeons and butterflies of my brassicas, I spray on occasion to tackle specific invasions
4. What is your top tip for new vegetable growers? Grow what you enjoy eating
5. What are your 2 favourite vegetables to grow? Oooo tricky. The incredible productivity of a single courgette plant is pretty awesome, and the anticipation of digging up any root vegetable is worth the toil.
6. What got you interested in growing your own vegetables? My Dad
7. Favourite music to listen too? The Archers theme tune?! Ha ha! All sorts – Stevie Wonder to 90s house, Kings of Leon to Beethoven
8. The one job you dislike to do at the allotment? Edging – because mine are gits
9. Marmite. Love it or hate it? Couldn’t be without it
10. Your favourite person to garden with? Little Miss MBaF, when she’s not tired or hungry!
My nominations for a Liebster award are:
(just before it exceeds the maximum 200 followers!)
My 10 questions for you:
1. You can’t beat the flavour of homegrown ___ ?
2. A crop you’re keen to grow but haven’t yet tried?
3. Everyone should try growing ___?
4. Favourite supplier?
5. Favourite ‘big’ blog?
6. What grows best in your plot?
7. What refuses to flourish?
8. Top tip for new growers?
9. What does gardening give you?
10. Best way to unwind after a day’s digging?
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)